A.P.S. MusicMaster Pro version 1.2 should be available for purchase or via update from the Apple iTunes Store
at any moment (submitted to Apple on 10/21/2011) -UPDATE: IT’S AVAILABLE NOW! This version continues to build upon the feature requests of its users and our commitment to the functionality and usability of this great product for musicians. To date, this is largest update since its launch in June of 2011.
What is new in version 1.2?
- First, we have fixed a number of issues with iOS 5 and our product. IF YOU HAVE UPGRADED TO the recent iOS 5 software, you must upgrade to A.P.S. MusicMaster Pro version 1.2 to retain current product stability and functionality.
- We are very excited to announce that we’ve integrated, with permission, a number of items from Ricci Adams’ www.musictheory.net site. Ricci Adams’ music theory website is one of the best on the web and his theory materials are incredibly well-written and easy to follow. His comprehensive website includes a number of interactive music theory items and we encourage our users to visit his site and take advantage of them.
- The Top Navigation Bar has been changed to include a “question mark” icon that, when touched, will take the user directly to the help manual PDF. The help manual has been updated to include all of the items in version 1.2 and has been extended by eight pages.
- Our Tuner Module continues to develop and we’ve included a number of fixes in this build that address the smoothness of the needle.
- The Metronome Module has been given quite a bit of attention with regard to BPM accuracy at high tempos. We are very excited to report that our metronome module is now EXTREMELY accurate at all BPM selections. In addition, we’ve added the ability to “fine tune” the selection levers of the BPM and Pulse/Cycles. Now, users may use a pop-up “wheel spinner/UI picker” to quickly get the exact BPM or Pulse/Cycles they are needing by touching the visual representation of the tempo or pulse/cycle numbers – it’s that easy.
- Our Audio Module has received numerous improvements, the largest of which is the ability for selected audio to be “passed-through” to the Score PDF Module. Now, users may simply select audio from their recordings or via the “iPod Library” integrated feature of the Audio Module and hear it while they look at or edit their PDFs. Also, a file-size report of the recorded audio files has been added to the e-mail feature of this module so that users may judge whether or not their e-mail client will accept the file (is it too large? etc.). Finally, the visual recording indicator has been tweaked so that it will more accurately report when audio is being clipped as it is recorded.
- The Glossaries Module has been updated to include dozens of pages from Ricci Adams’ www.musictheory.net site (see above) and to include the latest user’s manual updates. A new tab was also added to the navigation bar of the module… “T” for music theory.
- Our Score PDF Module has been updated to allow audio to be heard while viewing or editing PDFs (see above). Also, by overwhelming request, we’ve added the ability to import a PDF directly from the iPad’s e-mail client! We have also made it easier to import PDFs that are saved to your DropBox.com account via the built-in Internet Browser Module -allowing even more untethered usage of our product to do exactly what you want and expect from it.
- The Internet Module was updated to include the ability to quickly and easily add or edit bookmarks. We’ve also included a direct link to DropBox.com and fixed the ability to save PDFs directly into the Score PDF module from it (see above).
We are very excited about this update and hope that you are too! To celebrate and encourage new users to purchase this inredibly useful product for musicians, we are reducing the price to $12.99 U.S. (almost %15 reduction).
Your positive feedback and 4 and 5 star reviews of our product, via the iTunes store, allow us to continue to make this a better product for its users. If you are using our product and are finding it useful (and we know you are), we encourage your positive reviews of our product at the app store.
A.P.S. MusicMaster Pro related links:
Top Navigation: A “question mark” button was added to the top-right of the top navigation bar to provide quick access to the INTEGRATED Users Manual
Tuner Module: Needle corrections were added to make the needle appear smoother when tuning as well as the audio sampling rate is now higher
Metronome Module: The BPM accuracy is now VERY accurate at higher BPMs. In addition, dialing in an exact BPM or pulse/cycle/accent has been made extremely easy with the addition of “pop-up” UI-Wheel pickers -making the whole process of using this beautifully simple metronome both better and faster.
Audio Module: The visual recording indicator has been improved upon and “red” now correctly indicates where recording distortion (or “clipping” begins). Also, a PASS-THROUGH-AUDIO function to the SCORE PDF Module has been added. Users may now select music from the Audio Module and listen to it while you edit or browse PDFs. Finally, the size of the audio file created/saved has been added to the chart information when e-mailing an audio file so that users may determine if a file is too big to e-mail to their accounts (if it is too big -simply use the iTunes file transfer functionality of A.P.S. MusicMaster Pro to unload your audio files to your desktop/laptop).
Glossaries Module: A TREMENDOUS amount of Music Theory-related items have been added to the Glossaries. Used with permission, we are pleased to include a large portion of Ricci Adams’ www.musictheory.net music theory information.
Score PDF Module: Initiated by overwhelming request, we are pleased to announce that this version includes the ability to import a PDF directly via e-mail! Now it is easier than ever to get your PDF files into our program. In addition, we have fixed the issue with importing PDFs directly from Dropbox.com when visiting their site from within our Internet Module and we’ve even added a bookmark to the Dropbox.com site to make the whole process faster. As stated in our Audio Module update information above, audio is now able to be heard when browsing or editing PDFs in this Module.
Internet Module: The ability to save, edit, and delete bookmarks has been added and beautifully integrated. In addition, the “Save PDF” feature of the built-in Internet browser works better than ever with sites like Dropbox.com. Simply open up (or point to) a PDF anywhere on the Internet and choose the “Save PDF” button from our browser -the PDF will be sent directly to the Score PDF Module for later editing/viewing!
User’s Manual: Updated to include information about how to utilize all the new features of this update.
Keep the great reviews coming! They help us to continue to make this a better product!